Updated: Feb 19, 2020
By Hope Hoehler
After months of cold and snowy weather, I think it is finally safe to say that spring has sprung! You can pack up your winter sweaters and fuzzy boots and break out your - dare I say - spring wardrobe. If you aren't too sure what to wear in this transition from winter into summer, here are a few spring trends of 2018 that you may want to look at!
1) Believe it not, plastic is finding its way into people's closet this spring! Brands are taking plastic materials and molding them into chic silhouettes for everyday looks!
2) Asymmetrical necklines are going to be a hit this spring! Why have a normal V-neck when you can have a neckline that dances around your shoulders or wraps around your collarbone? Get ready to rock this look!
3) Transparent fashion is coming for you! You can layer these lovely looks with a cute lacey undershirt or even just a fashionable bralette if you're feeling up to it! Keep in mind that not all pieces are as transparent as the one in the picture.
4) Lavender is on its way too! Not only is it a great smell, but it's also a great color for spring! Will this take the place of millennial pink? This soft purple hue is great for any piece of clothing, with its calming color and whimsical feeling you can’t go wrong.
5) Black and white polka dots are here! Although floral might be one print you tend to go to in the summer, you may want to try polka dots this year! This print is simple yet fun at the same time.
Of course, there are many more spring fashion trends than these! If you want to see more of them, check out "ELLE.com's Comprehensive Guide to the Biggest Trends of Spring 2018." You may feel inspired to go out and buy some adorable pieces and follow these trends. Whatever you do, remember to wear your outfit with confidence!
Happy Spring, Fashionistas!